Globeflight will in all business activities strive towards and contribute to the sustainable development of our society.
Our key objective is to harmonise the goals and strategies of our organisation with sound environmental practice and in keeping with all applicable environmental regulations.
We shall achieve our goals:
- By integrating environmental considerations into all business operations.
- By ensuring that all assessments and decisions are found with consideration to the environment.
- By recognising the need to conduct internal environmental reviews on a periodic basis and to measure our operational activities against our environmental goals.
- By training and educating our staff to perform in an environmentally responsible manner.
- By supporting the development of acceptable products and services designed to promote the protection of the environment, where there is a sound business rationale.
- By encouraging open and active dialogue relating to environmental management with both clients and other relevant audiences.
- By providing, within our capacity, open dialogue and correct information relating to a sustainable development.
In achieving these goals we shall provide:
- A service to our clients.
- A service and support for our staff
- A service to society
Active Environmental Projects:
- Globeflight places large waste bins for used “flyer” bags at clients’ offices. Our drivers, who are there regularly anyway, collect this plastic and bring it back to our offices for re-cycling
- 4 tons of paper will be saved per year through a 5th copy of the house air waybill being removed. This paper would find its way back to clients attached to invoices, causing a storage problem for clients. With our fantastic proof of delivery system in place, clients can simply retrieve any specific waybills from our internet system that they may require.
- Re-Cycle bins are at all of our branches for the removal of: Glass, Plastic, Metal and Paper.
- Staff training and Awareness programs have been started to educate staff as to the necessity of re-cycling, saving, re-using both within their own homes as well as within the workplace
- Inter branch initiatives have been started with regards to electricity savings, water savings, paper savings and fuel savings.
Links to visit:
WWF works to conserve South Africa's natural habitat by addressing climate change and energy issues and contributing to environmental education while preserving and protecting our key fresh water, marine and land environments.
The Green Building Council of South Africa initiative addresses what are becoming the major issues of our time – excess energy consumption and the related CO2 emissions from burning carbon fuels, pollution of air, water and land, the depletion of natural resources, and the disposal of waste. It is estimated that buildings consume 40-50% of the world’s energy through their construction and on-going operation.
- AquaClic products fit on all taps, showers & toilets
- halve your water, energy and CO2 use
- at home you save R500+ per person per year
- at the office, you can save over 50% per person
- liven up your kitchen and bathroom
- have a climate neutral shower
- and surprise friends or clients with an intelligent gift.
ECO Friendly Cleaning Products
Globeflight endorses and encourages its staff to use bio-degradable household cleaning products manufactured locally by ECO Smart.
ECO Smart manufactures ECO Friendly Cleaning Products, and promotes and sells; "Health & an Improved Lifestyle", and can guarantee that your health, and that of your family, your house maid and your pets, will not be harmed by using our scientifically proven and tested products.
We can proudly confirm that all our products are Biodegradable, contain no Harsh Chemicals, and are so Environmentally Friendly that they are the Only Cleaning Products in South Africa that have been endorsed by: The Wildlife & Environmental Society of SA.(WESSA)
Besides promoting good health, ECO Smart fully support "SAVING the WILDLIFE & the ENVIRONMENT", and because of the financial recession that is affecting all of us, we have proceeded and specially packaged an extremely affordable cleaning KIT, that is made up of; Four concentrated cleaning/ sanitizing/ laundry/washing ECO Friendly Products, with three dispensing bottles (As per picture on the left), which products are not sold through any retail outlets.
To promote and sell this brilliant KIT, we have appointed; "We Care....the Most", a registered Non-Profit Organisation (NPO no; 088-687) to distribute our ECO Friendly cleaning products, and to undertake a Fund Raising Programme for the credible and highly respected welfare organisation, namely; "The Wildlife Environmental Society of SA, whose main and honourable objective is to; "Save our Wildlife & the Environment."
For the "The Wildlife & Environmental Society" to meet their valued objectives & goals; "WE Care....the Most," donates a percentage of all their sales to financially assist them.
Besides financially assisting to SAVING our Wildlife & the Environment, this extremely effective KIT will SAVE YOU approximately 200% on your monthly cleaning bill, and will also SAVE YOU and YOUR FAMILY from inhaling and absorbing all the harsh chemicals that are in the normal cleaning products found on our stores shelves today.
The KIT'S products make 27 x Dispensing Bottles, that will clean/sanitize a complete home, and last an average household for 3 to 4 months